Pensacola Nursing Home Negligence Attorney
The Law Office of Samuel W. Bearman has become all too familiar with the terrible game nursing homes play when faced with the truth about the substandard care they often provide.
First they blame the older person’s illness for the injury or death, often adding that this was a “problem patient” who was hard to treat. By focusing on the patient’s age and health, they also argue their death or illness was “inevitable.”
Mr. Bearman makes it his mission to make sure those who have abandoned their responsibilities pay for their mistakes. Using his knowledge of the law and a team of medical experts, Mr. Bearman gets past the defenses’ deep pockets and works around the medical establishment’s culture of silence and denial.
His medical team includes a doctor and nurses, who use their expertise to evaluate your case and sort out fact from fiction so that any person, any jury, can clearly understand what happened. Clarity is the first step toward a favorable verdict. The next step is thoroughness. In addition to researching every angle, every question, Mr. Bearman puts on a mock trial in front of a panel of average citizens before going to trial. This way, he learns from an outsider’s perspective how to best serve you.
All the while, Mr. Bearman keeps you involved in every important decision. In addition to walking you through the process and talking face-to-face, Mr. Bearman can make quarterly, or even monthly, written reports on the status of your case at your request to insure that you are comfortable each and every step.
The Law Office of Samuel Bearman is dedicated to protecting the rights of nursing home residents.
- "No resident of a facility shall be deprived of any civil or legal right, benefit, or privilege guaranteed by law..."
- All residents have the right to "live in a safe and decent living environment, free from abuse and neglect."
If your loved one is a resident of a Florida nursing home or assisted living facility and seems dehydrated or malnourished, has untreated bedsores, has fallen, or seems over-medicated, he or she may be the victim of neglect or abuse.
Neglect, abuse, and negligent behavior by nursing home staff often goes unreported because the victim is unable or afraid to speak out. If you suspect abuse or neglect, you may need to hire a lawyer to protect the person you love.
Pensacola attorney Samuel Bearman has the years of experience to effectively and efficiently handle your nursing home claim. Mr. Bearman and his team will share their knowledge and show you a clear path to the resolution of your case.
No member of a nursing home staff has the right to:
- Mistreat or physically harm residents
- Deny residents food, water, or medical care
- Deny residents access to communication with their families and friends
Every resident of a nursing home has a right to:
- Nutritious meals
- A clean, safe environment
- Medical attention, correct medications, and help with personal hygiene
- Access to their loved ones
What can you do to protect your loved ones from neglect, abuse, or negligent treatment in a nursing home?
- Stay informed. Florida's Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program provides resources for facility residents and their families.
- Make sure the facility is licensed by the state.
- Ask about the facility's employee screening policies, and look around for yourself. Is the facility clean? Do the residents look healthy and happy?
- Report signs of abuse to the Department of Children and Families Abuse Hotline.
- File a complaint about a healthcare facility with the Agency for Healthcare Administration.
- Get legal representation.
Mr. Bearman has written a comprehensive brochure on nursing home claims to help you understand your case.
He knows the law when it comes to nursing home neglect and abuse
- If you or a loved one has suffered from neglect or abuse at the hands of nursing home staff...
- If you or a loved one has suffered injuries or medical problems due to negligence or medication errors in a nursing home or assisted living facility...
- If your parent or loved one died in a nursing home and if you think negligence, neglect, or abuse may have caused or hastened their death...
Call 438-1000 in Pensacola or 1-800-760-6065 throughout the rest of the country. Or you may complete our online contact form for a free consultation.
Mr. Bearman and his dedicated staff will handle your claim effectively and efficiently.
The Law Office of Samuel Bearman, L.C., is located in Pensacola and has represented clients throughout the state of Florida. Pensacola is located in northwest Florida near the following counties, cities, and towns:
In Escambia County: Bellview, Brent, Brownsville, Century, Cantonment, Ensley, Gonzalez, Molino, Myrtle Grove, Pensacola, Perdido Key, Warrington, West Pensacola In Santa Rosa County: Avalon Beach, Bagdad, Gulf Breeze, Jay, Milton, Munson, Navarre, Pace In Okaloosa County: Baker, Cinco Bayou, Crestview, Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Laurel Hill, Mary Esther, Niceville, Shalimar, Valparaiso In Walton County: DeFuniak Springs, Freeport, Miramar Beach, Paxton, Point Washington, Redbay, Santa Rosa Beach In Holmes County: Bonifay, Esto, Noma, Ponce De Leon, Westville In Washington County: Caryville, Chipley, Ebro, Greenhead, New Hope, Sunny Hills, Vernon, Wausau In Bay County: Bayou George, Bear Creek, Callaway, Cedar Grove, Fountain, Hiland Park, Laguna Beach, Lynn Haven, Mexico Beach, Millville, Panama City, Panama City Beach, Parker, Rosemary Beach, Sand Hills, Sandy Creek, Southport, Springfield, West Bay, West Panama City Beach, Youngstown In Jackson County: Alford, Bascom, Campbelltown, Cottondale, Graceville, Grand Ridge, Greenwood, Jacob City, Malone, Marianna, Sneads
Additionally, Mr. Bearman can represent clients throughout the state of Florida including Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Daytona Beach, West Palm Beach, Miami, and other cities.
||The American Trial Lawyers Association is a national organization composed of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state. Membership is obtained through special invitation and is extended only to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications, leadership, reputation, influence, stature, and profile as trial lawyers, both civil plaintiff and criminal defense. Samuel Bearman is honored to be listed in the Top 100 Florida Trial Lawyers.|
Samuel W. Bearman, L.C.
Attorney at Law - Pensacola, Florida
820 North 12th Avenue
Pensacola, Florida 32501